Software Engineer in Test I/II/III
|April 09, 2012 - June 15, 2012|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||StorageCraft cares about PEOPLE! StorageCraft is looking for top performing Software Engineers in Test to help lead the charge in creating our in-house automated test framework and related tools.|
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer who wants to make a difference within a successful, growing company. The job provides a degree of freedom that you will not find in larger companies; you will be able to work using multiple software languages and operating systems and help shape the complete design from the ground up. If you are an enthusiastic coder that is looking for a job that makes use of your critical thinking and creativity, then this is it.
StorageCraft is serious about ensuring the products we release are of the highest quality and this Software Engineer in Test is a critical role within our company.
Local Candidates only
|Duties:||The candidate will work closely with both the software designers and testers to ensure the automated test framework and related tools meet the need of higher-quality software, while being efficient and easy to use. The candidate will implement the test framework and tools in the best software language or script for the task, and implement the design in way that allows incremental improvements along the way. The candidate will help recommend and integrate various bug-tracking, project management and test case management applications. The candidate will have the freedom to recommend key changes in the test process. |
Software engineer in test will also:
• Work closely with product engineers to develop software tools that allow the engineers and test group to efficiently unit test our products.
• Architect and implement an efficient and automated method to build and load pre-configured virtual and physical machines (Windows, Linux and Apple), run automated tests and analyze results.
• Architect and implement a performance and stability test harness that allows us to run regression tests and benchmark the performance of our product over time.
• Generate automated functional and load test scripts
• Design and implement new tools and scripts to help engineers, testers and support troubleshoot issues
|Qualifications:||Minimum Qualifications: |
• Two or more years of software experience preferred, together with a solid understanding of testing.
• Ideal candidates will have programming and/or scripting experience. They need to feel comfortable writing code and scripts in two or more of the following: C++, C#, Java, Python, VBScript and bash.
• Candidate needs to have some understanding of operating systems such as Windows, Linux and/or OS X and how to troubleshoot them.
Knowledge of any of the following is an advantage:
• Enterprise applications such as Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL Server and Oracle
• Virtualization technology including VM Ware, Microsoft™ Hyper-V or Oracle™ VirtualBox, together with experience of leveraging these to improve testing.
• Windows and Linux command line options and utilities
• Knowledge of common diagnostic and troubleshooting tools for Windows and Linux, including some of the tools from Sysinternals.
• Backup technology, including block-level backups and the VSS framework
• Basic disk structures (MBR/GPT), Windows registry, boot mechanisms, file system (e.g. NTFS, EXT2/3/4).
• Computer hardware, RAID, NAS devices (including those with Linux/SAMBA), peripherals and networking.
• Experience of some common test-automation tools and frameworks is an advantage. These might include Selenium, HP™ QTP Borland™ SilkTest and FrogLogic™ Squish. Ideally this experience will focus on automated, script-based testing rather than simple play and record.
• Recovery environments including WinPE and Linux boot disks.
• Networks (DHCP, DNS, firewalls) and related troubleshooting tools (Wireshark etc.)
• Remote desktop management software such as VNC, Remote Desktop, SSH and LogMeIn
• Able to be work in a team-based environment, self-motivated and excellent follow-through
B.S. Degree: Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience preferred and/or Associate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
• Clear improvements to product release quality with faster, more efficient testing of those products
• Successful implementation of automated test system
• Successful mentoring of other test engineers
• Successful implementation of test scripts and tools
• Successful integration of bug tracking, project management and test management software
• Dexterity and ability to sit for long periods of time
• StorageCraft offers a comprehensive suite of employee benefits that include, medical, dental, vision, $250 HRA, flexible spending account, $50,000 life insurance, LTD, a company match 401 (k) plan and a fun culture!
• Draper, UT-Office
We are looking to hire employees with good CHARACTER, who are proven PERFORMERS that value hard work and are engaged in their areas of expertise. Our core values of passion, creativity and agility have enabled us to grow strategically and consistently.
StorageCraft Technology Corporation provides innovative and award-winning disk-based backup, disaster recovery, data protection and system migration solutions. StorageCraft solutions complement products such as VMware™, Microsoft™ Hyper-V, Oracle™ VirtualBox, Xen™ and other virtualization products for fast and reliable disaster recovery and system migration. ShadowProtect provides hardware independent restore (HIR) for fast and reliable disaster recovery to the same system, dissimilar hardware or to and from virtual environments – P2P, P2V, V2P, V2V.
If you are interested in joining our team, then send us your resume, COVER LETTER and application by visiting our website at www.storagecraft.com, click on company information then jobs and careers.
StorageCraft is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.