Technical Account Engineer
|August 01, 2013 - October 31, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||PS Technical Support|
|Description:||People Come First at StorageCraft! StorageCraft is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide advanced technical assistance and support to our Enterprise IT customers. We are looking to hire or promote a candidate that proactively analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves complex customer concerns and issues related to backup, storage and recovery concerns, which includes consulting with customers by telephone and/or internet. This position is the final escalation point for customers experiencing complex systems or program related problems.|
We need someone with solid technical aptitude that knows Microsoft Windows operating systems and networks, and has experience with backup, storage, and recovery. The person must also know how to reproduce systems or program errors in a lab environment and test pre-released systems or programs functionality to ensure they meet system design specification.
|Duties:||• Provide advanced technical assistance and support to Enterprise IT customers by answering complex questions on function and usage of product, which have been escalated from Customer Support and Technical Support Specialists. |
• Resolve customer support escalations in the areas of system configurations & setup, product functionality, product bugs, and product enhancement requests.
• Ensure all incidents received by the Support Center are tracked, escalated, and resolved in line with internal support procedures.
• Identify and document suspected product defects for review and validation.
• Configure test environments to test and duplicate issues which have been escalated from other support teams, and work with Engineering and Development to resolve outstanding issues.
• Test pre-released systems or program functionality to ensure they meet system design specifications.
• Keep customer informed of how and when problems are resolved.
• Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, which is measured on a regular basis.
• Develop and share knowledge about the software with the support team.
• Write knowledgebase articles and whitepapers to address common customer questions and issues.
• Pro-actively assist the Team in driving key initiatives and ensuring the long-term success of our customers and the company.
• May perform other job duties as directed by supervisor.
|Qualifications:||• Five+ years technical support/troubleshooting experience within the computer industry.|
• Two+ years of recent Phone Support Experience.
• Computer, Network, and Software certifications a plus.
• Backup, Storage and Recovery experience.
• Working knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP), networking infrastructure and FTP technologies.
• Working knowledge of antivirus and firewall solutions.
• Good understanding of PC imaging and OS Migration technologies; Windows PE.
• Familiarity with VMware, Hyper-V, ESXi and XEN server virtual environments.
• Thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Windows operating systems and server platforms.
• Familiar with Customer Management Systems such as Salesforce and/or Microsoft CRM.
• Excellent time management, decision making, prioritization and organization skills.
• Strong deductive logic, decision making and analytical skills, with proven ability to think through situations outside the norm and develop appropriate solutions, isolating the root cause.
• Proven technical aptitude and proven customer service aptitude.
• Professional written & oral communication skills.
• High level of personal initiative and professionalism.
• Eagerness to learn and take on new challenges, while always thinking about. how to improve the customer experience.
• B.S. Degree: Technical Field or related field or equivalent experience preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.