|February 26, 2013 - August 31, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:|| StorageCraft cares about PEOPLE! This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer who wants to make a difference within a successful, growing company. StorageCraft is looking for a Software Engineer to work on a range of in-house projects. The job provides a degree of freedom that you will not find in larger companies; you will be able to work using multiple software languages and operating systems and help shape the complete design from the ground up. If you are an enthusiastic coder that is looking for a job that makes use of your critical thinking and creativity, then this is it. |
|Duties:||You will work within a small, friendly software engineering team and help improve and extend the build and test framework, as well as develop tools and scripts as needed. There is always a wide variety of problems that need to be solved so you will be expected to learn and adapt quickly, providing the best solution for each problem. Ideally you are detail-oriented, self-motivated, a problem solver and work well in a fast moving, dynamic work environment. |
|Qualifications:||Minimum Qualifications: |
• Two or more years of software experience preferred, together with a solid understanding of coding and testing concepts.
• Ideal candidates will have programming and/or scripting experience. They need to feel comfortable writing code and scripts in two or more of the following: C++, C#, Python
• Candidate needs to have some experience and knowledge of building and compiling products developed in multiple languages, together with application deployment technology, including the MSI model and related products: Installshield, wix, NSIS etc.
Knowledge of any of the following is an advantage:
• Experience of complex application build systems
• Experience and knowledge of Django and related scripting
• Experience using virtualization technology
• Windows and Linux command line options and utilities
• Experience of any test automation frameworks and methodologies
• Backup technology, including block-level backups and the VSS framework
• Basic disk structures (MBR/GPT), Windows registry, boot mechanisms, file system (e.g. NTFS, EXT2/3/4).
B.S. Degree: Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience preferred and/or Associate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
• Clear improvements to product release quality and automation
• Improved integration with test automation system
• Consistently high quality product releases delivered on time
• Proven team player willing to share knowledge and teach others
• Dexterity and ability to sit for long periods of time
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.